Monday, May 27, 2013

The day we left and our flight back

The flight back seemed a bit shorter than the flight to Paris (although the flight back was technically longer), the food was so-so again, but that's economy class airline food for you. The French do need to work on their public service and efficiency to be bluntly honest. We waited close to an hour in a line that wasn't moving at all at the airport in France to have our passports stamped at the security checkpoint. When we arrived in the U.S. and got through customs and collected our luggage, we said short goodbyes to those we could see from our group near us and then I went through the final exit, where to my surprise I was greeted by my girlfriend who made a sign welcoming me on my return home.

All in all the trip to Paris was worthwhile for a number of reasons and I am glad I got share the experience with a good group of people whom since being on this trip with I feel a bit closer to and can call them my friends. This experience will stick with me for the rest of my life and I hope to be back to Paris a few more times in my life. 

Being picked up by my parents outside Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment